Thursday 28 July 2011

Mileys Progress - Day 15





 This is me at what we hope is my 11th day of pregnancy, it was a beautiful weekend and I got to go to the car boot with Mum and Dad.
 As we write this I am 15 days pregnant, we assume that I am even before the scan. There are several reasons for this, the main one being for the sake of my health, its important that my diet remains the same, that I don't receive live vaccinations throughout the duration of my pregnancy. Flea and worm treatments should also be avoided but there are some that are safe to use in pregnancy, ALWAYS do it under veterinary supervision, luckily for me this was a planned mating with Bailey Boy, I was vet checked before I was mated to further ensure I was healthy. My vaccinations are up to date and I was wormed and had a flea prevention treatment PRIOR to mating. No extra vitamins are needed at this stage and even though I have tried telling them that a N.I.C.E biscuit is essential for my developing puppies, they are having none of it ;) I am continuing to have my walks so my muscles will be in tip top condition for labour. If I were to be exposed to anything nasty, like infection or toxins it would affect my babies, so Mummy is very careful.
There are some signs that I maybe pregnant, as with humans we doggies also suffer with morning sickness from time to time, not everyone does. Last night I was very restless, I just couldn't settle, this morning I awoke and refused breakfast up until now I have eaten everything in sight. It is normal for us ladies to go off our food and as long as we eat little and often we will be fine, this is the only time Mummy will hand feed me! I was sick too this morning, I have brightened up as the day as gone on.
Another sign is behaviour changes...I adore my Mummy anyway but recently if I cant see her I get quite upset, it soothes me to have her near, my body is going through so many changes right now I am a bit confused by it all. Some ladies go the opposite way and want to be left alone, but I want a fuss from EVERYONE!
My vulva has stayed a little swollen and I finished my heat earlier than I would usually, this is often a good sign that the mating has been successful. My nipples are also enlarged and turning a darker pink....we attached a picture, Mummy had this same obsession  last time! so apologies for her behaviour, thank goodness she didn't go lower!



*paw over eyes* How embarrassing!
PUPPIES:
My babies have now entered the uterus and are in the process of implanting. This is a very delicate time for the babies an its thought that if I am left open to any toxins it would be at this point my babies would develop abnormally.

Our care remains the same and wont change until next...I'll explain more then :) So I'm off for a nap on Mummy's bed....because being pregnant is the only time I get away with it ;) See you next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment