Wednesday 3 August 2011

21 days and an Ante Natal visit......

I am 21 days today :) I have shown some signs of pregnancy this week. I dont like to jump up on the bed or bounce about for a fuss like I would usually. I'm eating far less this week, it could be because of the heat though. I am eating chicken and rice and some Eukanuba. I pick rather than eat it in one go like I would usually.
Mummy took me to see the dreamy vet, he fusses me sooooo much and I love it! There was another dog waiting there too and I got all excited and yappy, wagging my tail, I dont usually. I am very good when we walk and see other doggies but I feel all out of sorts, which is normal in pregnancy.
The vet checked me over and said he was very happy with my condition, my weight is ideal and he gave me the all clear. Its a little to early to feel if there are any puppies yet, usually its 27 days, its so important that you let a experienced person palpate, if you dont know what you are doing you could hurt the puppies and harm their development.




From this week strenuous activity should be refrained from, no jumping about or long walks. Some breeders will give cottage cheese or scrambled egg from this week, but no calcium supplements.

PUPPIES:
My babies  grow from being 5-10mm to 14-16mm, the faces start to take shape, eyes and the spinal cord are developed, its hard to believe that just a couple of weeks ago there was just a bunch of cells floating about, now they are full on tiny tiny babies :)

See you next week when Mummy will have listened in with a doppler and the countdown for my scan picks up pace....13 days <3 Keep safe and cool doggies :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment