Wednesday 16 March 2011

Ginge's Big Day

MY BIG DAY....

My name is Ginge....handsome arent I? I look just like my Dad :)

My human Mummy decided that it was time for me to be neutered. For two reasons really, I live with my doggy Mummy and I had been trying to get very friendly with her recently and when she had her season it was very difficult for us to be kept apart, some special knickers for my doggy Mummy were ordered and it was all go we could run around together again!

The main reason though was because both my tesicles had retracted up into my tummy. It does happen sometimes, being told at your puppies testicles havent descended yet, isnt always all doom and gloom, however if after 6 months they havent dropped then the vet will always suggest a castration. It is unlikely that after 6 months of age they will drop. So many complications can occur, tumours can develop and because this is an inherited condition dogs with it should not be allowed to breed.

The day before I had my tea at 6pm and  later on a drink at midnight and then that was it nothing...not even a sniff of a sausage! By morning I was starving but still nothing! We headed off early and the nurse gave me lots and lots of fusses. Next thing I remember is waking up feeling all woozy. I tried to lick where it hurt but the nurse who was previously so nice to me put a buster collar on....how on earth am I going to get in mischief with that on! I did manage to make it snow in my cage though....well ok so it didnt snow I had actually ripped apart my wee wee pads, but it did look pretty.

Mummy came to collect me and I went home with painkillers and special food. I was so woozy I had to be carried out, I did however manage to perk up long enough for a fuss from a passer by and a toy!! I LOVE TOYS! tug toys, squeaky toys, I dont care as long as its a toy! The next few days were very restful, I was back to my bouncy self by the next day, but I wasnt allowed off the lead at all or on it for long, Tianna was most upset that we couldnt play, but it was safer while the scars were healing. Because of where my testicles where located I had two scars, in some cases the testicle can be found as far up as the kidney area, lucky for me Leonard (the vet) didnt have to dig about too much.

I am already calmer and havent felt the need to mount everything in sight, Tianna and doggy Mummy didnt mind but Bear the Cat was less than impressed when I mounted him before!

Attractive shot eh? But this is me two weeks post op....you can barely tell! yes the operation was more expensive it cost Mummy £209, but it was worth it to ensure I stayed healthy. Also not being put up for stud I have no need for them anyway and left uncastrated I could have developed cancerous tumours and other dieases.
I am back to stealing pigs ears and Mummy said its the best thing she could have done for me.

Love and Licks

Ginge x

1 comment:

  1. I had the same thing done to me. I really don't miss them, BOL!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete